Thursday, January 6, 2011

Real Time



It's been so long since I've blogged that I honestly didn't even know where to start or what to write. We had such a wonderful Christmas, New Years, and celebration of my 32nd birthday (oh that sounds so much older than I feel!) that to try and catch up on all of that became overwhelming. In the midst of it I took my very first online photography class about documenting the holidays. I now have hundreds of pictures from December yet to be edited and put together in an album. So instead of playing catch up I decided to start with where we're at right now.

I'm now 8 months pregnant and have the desire to nest ALL the time. Organizing, throwing things out, re-thinking our space and how it would best be used.
It's amazing how this happens towards the end of pregnancy!

Yesterday we spent all morning at a park with friends and it was pure bliss. There's something about watching kids running and playing outside, being creative and making up their own games, and interacting with others their age that is so rewarding to me as a mom. Hearing their giggles and laughs as they played and played and played made me thankful that I've been blessed with these little ones that I get to share life with. Three hours later, I felt recharged and I thought, why don't we do this more? I've got to say that being in the company of friends with similar values and desires and who absolutely cherish their little ones made the day all the more enjoyable.

On a side note, something I've found with taking pictures of kids in a new environment - it's so much easier to wait for a little while before pulling out my camera to let them explore at full speed. Practically speaking, they just have so much energy that it's really hard to get them to stay still enough to get a good shot (unless you're wanting to get them running or in full action mode). After about a half an hour or so is when I've taken some of my favorite pictures of them as they are totally absorbed in what they're doing and are totally oblivious of me. Try it some time - it's totally worth it!
























3 Comments:

At January 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM , Blogger JoyfulGrowing said...

That bit about me cherishing my little ones made me smile and sigh...thanks :)
We loved our day too and we MUST do it more!

 
At January 10, 2011 at 1:08 PM , Blogger katy_collins said...

Beautiful pictures. I am photographer myself, by am okay with admitting that children are not my forte. They are certainly one of yours. These are lovely. Are they your children? :)

 
At January 20, 2011 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey - I recognize those [wonderful] kids!

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home