Thursday, November 25, 2010

Little Feet

Sometimes I get so caught up in getting things done and going places that I some how forget that there are little feet following me. Sometimes I just need to slow down. I realized this the other day when I was walking through a parking lot holding two little hands, pulling on them to go faster. Then it hit me, why do we need to go faster? I wanted my kiddos to keep up with me. It made me sad that I had done this without even realizing it but was so thankful to have seen it so clearly. So now, when I wake up in the morning and think about what needs to be done and where we will be going, I stop and think about the little feet that walk with me and remind myself that it's so very good to slow down and enjoy the journey.

2 Comments:

At November 25, 2010 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Callie said...

What a beautiful reminder, Kimberly. Thank you. I needed to hear that this week.

 
At November 30, 2010 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes. You're so right-on. Sometimes I stop and look at myself and say, "Why are you in such a hurry?" I aspire to choose to walk slowly and savor each moment...

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home