Friday, September 17, 2010

Inspiration


Inspiration comes in every shape and color - it all depends on who you are. I've wondered over the past few years what inspires me, what makes me come alive? In different seasons it has been different things: fabulous fiction books, an art appreciation class, a new recipe I tried and just can't wait to make myself, beautiful sunset walks with my husband...it could go on and on.

Lately I've stumbled on something new that strikes a chord in me - pictures of newborns. I didn't know how much I would adore pouring over newborn photos or, for that matter, taking them until I did my first newborn photo session a year ago. I was so incredibly nervous and, for all the reading and preparation I had done, still felt like I had no idea if I would walk away with anything resembling the work I had seen from other photographers. 800 pictures and 2.5 hours later I was in love with working with babies (it certainly helped that this precious little 4 day old girl was an absolute angel!).


This week I had the opportunity to shoot another baby photo session with a dear friend's 2 month old sweet boy. Again I felt that stir of exhilaration as we documented his little life and captured this fleeting moment of time when he's still so tiny and new in the world. Their family was precious to be with and I adored working with all of them (their 4 year old had an instant smile every time I picked up my camera - something I am not used to!).

Add Image
Add Image Remove Formatting from selection
I would have never dreamed that photography, much less itty bitty tiny ones, would capture me like it has. What inspires you in life? Was it something that took you by surprise, like me, or has it just always been there?

2 Comments:

At September 21, 2010 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Beautiful shots! Maybe you can take OUR newborn shots when we eventually have baby #3. :)

Also - have you ever taken labor & delivery shots? I think those would be awesome moments to capture...

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

 
At September 21, 2010 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Stephanie,

Thanks! I'd absolutely love to do pictures for your family when the time comes.

I've never done any labor and delivery photo sessions but would be very open to it if it was someone I already knew. That certainly would be an incredible moment to document.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home