Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Squirrel
























My little guy happened to look out the window at Papi and Nana's house yesterday and saw a squirrel stealing lettuce from Papi's garden. He was yelling and telling us all about it for a while, clearly concerned that the squirrel was doing something it shouldn't be doing. And then he got quiet and thoughtful and just sat there watching it for a while.

This picture reminds me of why I began learning about photography and reading about my camera and all the crazy settings that so completely overwhelmed me in the beginning. I will have this moment forever and I love that. I've been shooting in manual mode lately (which I was completely terrified of until a friend took me by the hand and told me I could handle it) and have loved the results. I'm stepping out of my box and it feels good!

Have you stepped out of your box lately (and it doesn't have to be related to photography for that matter)?

2 Comments:

At May 4, 2010 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Becca said...

You were right, that picture is awesome! Good job!!!

 
At May 4, 2010 at 9:42 PM , Blogger Katrina said...

That is such a great picture!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home