Tuesday, January 19, 2010

They Are the Reason


So here I am blogging - something I swore I had no time for and would absolutely not do. As I've thought about it more, though, I've realized that I need this. In the last few days I've felt challenged as I take pictures knowing I will absolutely be sharing them here. It stretches me to want to be better at photographer simply because I know I will be sharing what I do with you.

This picture was taken a year ago, just days after I received my first digital SLR camera (a Canon Rebel XS). I was tired of taking my kids to the mall department store photography chains to mark their mile stones. I thought for my 30th birthday I'd begin pursuing a new hobby. In the last 12 months I've discovered that I absolutely LOVE photography! I no longer have to wait for a scheduled appointment in hopes of capturing that amazingly adorable look one of my boys gives me! I've begun a new adventure in making memories. This is my journey.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 23, 2010 at 2:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At your house you are the center of an all male fan club. Enjoy!

BTW, my brain is rebelling against the idea of you being over 30. I remember when...

Doug C.

 
At January 23, 2010 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Becca said...

Hey Kim, I am excited to track your blog. I'll admit it, I am a blog stalker, so atleast this time I will actually know the writer. Plus I think you are a great photographer. I actually thought of you last week when I got my first DSLR, a Nikon D5000, for my birthday. I love looking back at my blog, you will LOVE it. =)

~Becca Simons

 
At February 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Kimberly! I just stumbled upon your blog from a comment that you left on Joyful Growing (We actually know each other from a long, long time ago at ALCC...). :)

Welcome to the blogosphere! How old are your boys? They're super cute.

Also: I completely agree with you about photos being so much better when you take them yourself with a DSLR as opposed to going to the mall photo places! You can capture kids' personalities so much better at home!

I look forward to following your blog!

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home