Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Park and Three Boys

We live in the desert.  It's dry, hot, and there isn't much that's green here unless you count all the cactus and native trees that pretty much look the same year round.  Don't get me wrong, I love it here.  It has it's own beauty when you know where to look.  We chose to stay here to be close to family, enjoy the gorgeous sunsets, be able to hike and be outside 9 months out of the year (the other three feel like you've stepped into an oven and are baking at 350 degrees), and soak in lots of sunshine.  But I have to admit, some of my favorite places here remind me more of some of the beautiful places I traveled to when I was young.  With that said, this is by far my favorite park here.  It has gorgeous green grass year round (something you almost never see where we are), a stunning view of the mountains, and trees surrounding the perimeter making it feel secluded and hidden away.  Final bonus: when I'm there my favorite people are always with me.  I will forever love this picture.
  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home